A. In this subtitle, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Board" means the Maryland Board of Nursing.
(2) "CEU" means continuing education courses that have been approved by the Board.
(3) "Committee" means the Electrology Practice Committee of the Board.
(4) "CDC" means the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
(5) "Central Repository" means the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Central Repository of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
(6) "Clinical examination" means an examination approved by the Board and administered by the Electrology Practice Committee for testing the clinical competency of applicants for licensure.
(7) "Criminal history records check" means the performance of both a State criminal history check by the Central Repository and a national criminal history check by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
(8) "Criminal history records information" means information provided by the criminal history records check regarding an applicant's criminal arrests, charges, and convictions and other dispositions of criminal charges.
(9) "MHEC" means the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
(10) "National theory exam" means an exam approved by the Board and the American Electrology Association.