.06 Provider Conditions for Participation.
A. To participate in the Program, the provider shall meet the requirements for participation in the Medical Assistance Program as set forth in:
(1) COMAR 10.09.36.02;
(2) COMAR 10.09.36.03; and
(3) The COMAR chapter defining the covered service being rendered;
B. Medical Record Documentation. An originating and distant site provider shall:
(1) Maintain documentation in the same manner as during an in-person visit, using either electronic or paper medical records;
(2) Retain telehealth records according to the provisions of Health-General Article, §4-403, Annotated Code of Maryland; and
(3) Include the participant's consent to participate in telehealth or an explanation as to why consent was not available.
C. Originating Sites include:
(1) A college or university student health or counseling office;
(2) A community-based substance use disorder provider;
(3) A deaf or hard of hearing participant's home or any other secure location as approved by the participant and the provider;
(4) An elementary, middle, high, or technical school with a supported nursing, counseling or medical office;
(5) A local health department;
(6) A FQHC;
(7) A hospital, including the emergency department;
(8) A nursing facility;
(9) The office of a physician, physician assistant, psychiatric nurse practitioner, nurse practitioner, or nurse midwife;
(10) An opioid treatment program;
(11) An outpatient mental health center;
(12) A renal dialysis center; or
(13) A residential crisis services site.
D. Distant Site Providers may render services via telehealth within the providers scope of practice.